Using Digital technologies to support learning is a crucial aspect of 21st Century teaching and learning at Christchurch Boys' High School.
Research has shown that there is increasing evidence of the positive impact of digital technologies in areas such as motivation, engagement, efficacy and interaction.
Some of the main benefits of using technology to aid learning at Christchurch Boys' High School include:
- Boys can collaborate and learn in groups at any time in an online space
- Boys can learn with text, voice, video, images and electronic ink
- Boys like the ability to keep all of their work in one neat and tidy electronic notebook
- Teachers are able to use different forms of instant and personalised feedback for students
- Teachers can provide varied and personalized learning programmes and assessment opportunities for students
Bring Your Own Device
From Term 1, 2017 all Year 9, 10 and 11 students will be strongly encouraged to bring their own device to school to aid their learning.
All information about eLearning, including device specifications, in 2017 can be found here
CBHS have partnered with Cyclone, allowing parents to take advantage of Cyclone's bulk buying of devices across many schools throughout New Zealand. To access the Cyclone portal, please click here. Select "Christchurch Boys' High School" from the drop-down list. The password is cbhsbyod.