Fine Young Man Award
In keeping with the school motto, “Altiora Peto” – I seek higher things, Christchurch Boys' High School places great importance on the development of fine young men. Students are encouraged to lead a balanced life and to continue striving to be the best that they can be across all aspects of school life - academic, sporting, the arts and culture, service and responsibility.
Here are the paramount goals and guiding principles of the Fine Young Man Award
- To provide a supportive environment within which each student is empowered to reach his full potential as a young man.
- To encourage and foster the following attributes and attitudes in the young men of Christchurch Boys' High School:
- personal resilience
- the ability to work as part of a team
- a willingness to serve without expectation of reward
- humble in success, determined in defeat
- the desire to strive for excellence in all areas
- To build on our reputation as a school that demands high standards in academic and co-curricular performance.
- To produce leaders in all fields of endeavour who inspire others to perform and achieve.
- To reinforce the idea of leading a balanced life; too little or too much involvement compromises the ability to ‘seek higher things’.
- To highlight the paramount importance of academic achievement.
Download the Booket for the Fine Young Man Award - 2017