Meet our Guidance Counsellors and helpful information
Please click here for our brochure introducing our counsellors and the counselling processes
Click here for the 'contact us' email link
Micha Multhaup - Head of Guidance ext. : 278
Justin Makinson - Guidance Counsellor ext.: 282
Helpful Publications below
- Information for parents of victims, bystanders and perpetrators of bullying click here for the forms click on each individual form (Student Witness Report and Student Incident Report)
- When does gaming, social media and other behaviour become an addiction ? Click here to find out more
- Support Groups for family members of addiction sufferers click here, for Christchurch-Supporting families click here
- Click here for a manual on 'How to deal with VIDEO GAME ADDICTION' (a practical guide to assist parents and professionals on how to deal with the impact of video games on their children/clients)
- Kina Trust – information, support and advice for families dealing with their loved one’s alcohol or other drug use http://www.kina.org.nz/
- Common Ground – helping families to support young people to manage hard times http://www.commonground.org.nz
- Are you concerned about your teenager's drug use click here for more information
Access free counselling by clicking on below link. Doesn’t replace a therapist but useful for brief intervention. Check it out...
WHERE TO GET HELP AFTER SCHOOL HOURS:
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354
- Asian Helpline – 0800 862 342
- Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- Youthline – 0800 376 633 or free text 234
- Depression Helpline – 0800 111 757 or free text 4202
- Samaritans – 0800 726 666
- Need to talk? Free call or text 1737 support from trained counsellor
- What's Up – 0800 942 8787 (5–18 years). Phone counselling Monday to Friday, midday–11pm and weekends, 3pm–11pm.
- Kidsline – 0800 54 37 54 for young people up to 18 years of age. Open 24/7.
- thelowdown.co.nz – or firstname.lastname@example.org or free text 5626
- Anxiety New Zealand - 0800 269 4389
- Child, Adolescent & Family (CAF) Mental Health Service 0800 218 219 -press 2
- Crisis mental health care, Freephone 0800 920 092, (24 hours, 7 days a week)
-If it is an emergency or you, or someone you know, is at immediate risk call 111.